Mather and Pitts Insurance, Inc.
Call Us: (800) 232-0674

Law and Ordinance Coverage

If your home or business had a loss, would your policy pay the cost of bringing the building into compliance with the current state and local buildings codes?

Would your policy pay to upgrade the undamaged portion of your building in order to comply with building codes? Or, would your policy pay to demolish even the undamaged parts of the building because of local or state codes?

Unless you have law and ordinance coverage, the answer is probably "no". Most property policies are written without this important coverage.

Call us at 860.581.4884 and we can help you determine if your policy includes law and ordinance coverage. If it doesn't, you can probably add it to your policy at a modest cost.